Location: Washington DC
Company Name: Washington Nationals
Occupational Category: 11-2021.00,Marketing Managers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Reporting to the Senior Creative Director, the Manager, Photography & Digital Imagery is responsible for capturing photographs that capture the excitement, emotion & drama of the World Champion Washington Nationals & the Nationals Park experience. Images should be bold & creative, while reinforcing the teams business objectives & brand messaging. This position is also responsible for photo editing, including toning & Photoshop editing where needed. This position will also be responsible for capturing non-game photos, such as press conferences, community outreach activities, concerts & other Nationals Park events. This position must also fulfill numerous photo requests in a timely & efficient manner, & maintain the photo archives, additional duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Photography of spring training (studio setting), all regular season & postseason games
• Capture special events & road games as assigned
• Provide a daily in game wire service to social media at key moments of each game
• Non-game photography including press conferences, community outreach activities, pre & postgame activities, concerts, hospitality events, team photo, etc.
• Fulfill internal photo requests from Corporate Sales, Ticket Sales, website/social media needs, etc.
• Fulfill external photo requests from media, other teams, etc.
• Select & coordinate printing, framing & installation of images for décor projects
• Coordinate Press Photographers activities including field camera positions, technology & day-to-day issues
• Management of external photographers & their adherence to Nationals Park rules & regulations
• Extensive photo editing as needed, sometimes on very tight deadlines
• Manages all freelance photographers hired for special events (Postseason, Opening Day, etc.)
• Creative content ideation, development & production for both studio settings & in game action
• Special projects at Ownership/senior management request
• Maintain photo archives, including editing, tagging, cataloging & scanning all current & historical imagery
• Format & maintain the teams online photo archiving system (Libris Photoshelter)
• Organize & tag all assets in the active library (CatDV)
• Obtain images from outside sources to supplement archives as needed
• Manage photo archival process to long term storage
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelors degree, preferably in Photography or Fine Arts
• Minimum five years experience as freelance or in-house photographer with sports or entertainment company
• Broad-based experience/understanding of integrated marketing
• (advertising, promotion, publicity, online, publications)
• Ability to think strategically about the brand across multiple platforms, including online, television, wireless mobile & pod-casting
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively and flexibly collaborate at all levels of the organization
• Exceptional & persuasive written, verbal & presentation skills
• Action-oriented individual who is able to prioritize, plan, make decisions & over communicate
• Quick & innovative thinker with anticipatory sense
• Excellent sense of judgment, nuance & sensitivities
• Professional demeanor able to successfully work with media, team and organization in high stress environments
• Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills
• Action-oriented, organization first & ability to multi-task
• Trust builder with discretion of the highest order
• Strong artistic vision and creative abilities
• Full knowledge of digital and still camera equipment.
• Proficiency in workflow (Photo Mechanic, etc.)
• Strong expertise with PhotoShop & other digital editing programs
• Solid understanding of baseball
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance & Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community & provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction Together.
• Team and/or sports experience
• Knowledge of MLB policies & procedures
• Demonstrated success in implementing designing skills in a similarly sized & high profile organization is strongly preferred
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Digital design skills
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires weekend and/or evening work whenever there are games or events scheduled.
• Gameday: Job requires employee to function in a high activity & heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.