Location: Washington DC
Company Name: Universal Health Services
Occupational Category: 29-1127.00,Speech-Language Pathologists
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The George Washington University Hospital
The George Washington University Hospital (GW Hospital) is a 385-bed tertiary care, academic medical center located in downtown Washington, DC, next to the Foggy Bottom metro. GW Hospital serves a diverse group of patients from local residents to our nations leaders. As an academic medical center, GW Hospital has the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide specialized, complex care. This expertise includes cardiac, cancer, neurosciences, womens health, trauma, and advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive surgery.
GW Hospital is jointly owned and operated by George Washington University and a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), one of the nation's largest healthcare management companies. The GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS), adjacent to the hospital, is the 11th oldest medical center in the country and the first in the nations capital.
The mission of GW Hospital is to provide the highest quality healthcare, advanced medical technology, and world-class service to its patients in an academic medical center dedicated to education and research.
The GW Hospital is looking for a dynamic leader to manage technical, clinical, and operational aspects of the Anatomical Pathology Laboratory, including Cytology and
Autopsy. Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with pathologists and laboratory staff to identify and resolve challenges and improve quality and patient safety, as well as overall delivery of laboratory services. This is an exciting opportunity in a state-of-the-art Anatomical Pathology Laboratory, in which equipment includes PANTHER, FAXITRON, SPOT imaging Telepathology capabilities, Leica Cerebro Specimen Tracking and Workflow Management system and so much more!
FLSA - Exempt
Grade - 61
• * Completion of one year of a special training program in the area of assignment is desirable.
• Bachelors degree in biological science, physical science or in a medical technology program preferred or equivalent experience.
• Eight years of experience in area of assignment with minimum of two years laboratory supervision to include fiscal/administrative responsibilities.
• Thorough knowledge of pathology laboratory operations
• Proven ability to organize and manage laboratory operations
• Thorough knowledge of regulatory (state and federal) agency requirements and professional practice standards to include AP, CLIA, local, state, and federal regulations.
• Customer focused service skills
• Ability to use good judgment and decision making, responding calmly and effectively in crises situations
• Understanding and support for diversity in the workplace
• Highly effective interpersonal skills are required to effectively collaborate with medical staff, technical personnel and Laboratory Administration
This opportunity offers the following:
• Challenging and rewarding work environment
• Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
• Competitive Compensation
• Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
• 401k plan with company match
One of the nations largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the Worlds Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of Americas Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
• UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means