Location: Washington DC
Company Name: Pact
Occupational Category: 15-1142.00,Network and Computer Systems Administrators
Date Posted: 2020-02-24
Valid Through: 2020-03-25
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Requisition Number: Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The IT Department contributes to realizing this purpose by:
• Providing reliable systems, data and tech support that meet Pacts operational and strategic needs
• Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect;
• Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all;
• Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times;
• Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
Reporting to the Director of Global IT, the Network Engineer ensures secure and reliable IT network and system operations in Pact’s Washington DC office. The Network Engineer provides remote support to Pact’s country offices and may travel there when appropriate.
The Network Engineer occasionally works after US hours in order to support Africa and Asia time zones.
Network engineering and system administration
• Provides strategic insight into Pact’s network architecture by staying current on latest technologies.
• Manages and supports day-to-day domestic and international network operations to ensure systems are up, secure and stable.
• Administers infrastructure by reviewing logs, optimizing disk space, managing bandwidth speed and other “best practice” network admin activities.
• Ensures Pact systems and infrastructure are properly configured, supported and backed up.
• Installs, maintains and supports wireless and cabled infrastructure and virtual and physical hardware
• Provides escalated domestic and international technical support (using external consulting resources as appropriate) to maintain a superior level of customer service.
• Manages various systems and integrations including OneLogin, active directory, and other cloud and premise-based systems
IT Departmental administration
Working with IT Director and other staff,
• Tracks international and domestic asset, software and licensing inventory
• Recommends, procures and ships hardware and software for international and domestic offices
• Manages vendors and consultants to implement tools or deliver projects
• Manages online accounts including DNS, web certificates, Amazon Web services, and other cloud and premise-based systems.
• Assists fellow IT staff members as necessary
Working with System Engineer and other staff,
• Manages Active Directory, handles user e-mail and network account creation, changes and deletion
• Works with various system owners to ensure Pact infrastructure and architecture reliably supports Pact business systems
• Responds to escalated help desk tickets as well as sometimes handling basic tech support
Project Management Skills
• Self-directed and motivated to take ownership of projects
• Strong planning and time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
• Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills
• Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
Customer Service and Teamwork Skills
• Experience in a matrixed and team environment
• Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships
• Consistently works within internal process and procedures
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills
Technical skills listed in Preferred Qualifications:
Preferred Qualifications :
Recent Technical Skills ( 3 plus years, as many of these skills as possible)
• Administering virtualization technologies such as Microsoft Hyper-V and Microsoft Datacenter Operating Systems
• Administering cloud-based systems such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Amazon Web Services, single-sign on products, Jive
• Administering Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange/Outlook, Windows
• Installing and maintaining database tools such as SQL 2008 and later
• Configuring and managing standard IT infrastructure (firewalls, switches, wireless access points, laptops etc.)
• Using and supporting MS Office, MS Project, and other desktop tools such as SPSS and ArcGIS
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic
information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors