Location: Washington DC
Company Name: PwC
Occupational Category: 11-3031.02,Financial Managers, Branch or Department
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
A career in our Oracle Finance practice, within Oracle Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations use enterprise technology to achieve their digital technology goals and capitalise on business opportunities. We help our clients implement and effectively use Oracle offerings to solve their business problems and fuel success in the areas of finance, operations, human capital, customer, and governance, risk and compliance. As part of our finance team, you’ll focus on providing the support needed to utilise new Oracle finance functionality upgrades as well as helping with finance transformation initiatives that require a blend of Oracle and finance consulting support.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
• Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
• Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
• Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
• Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
• Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
• Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
• Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
• Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
• Focus on building trusted relationships.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required
Minimum Years Of Experience
7 year(s) with at least 5 years directly involved in Oracle EBS implementations and/or support
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge of Oracle EBS application based solutions, including the following:
• A proven record of successfully completing at least 1-3 full life-cycle implementations, assisting clients in the implementation and/or support of Oracle packaged solutions leading significant tracks on larger projects, leading medium sized consulting engagements, and/or leading production support efforts ;
• Extensive functional and technical knowledge and understanding of the Oracle EBS product suite ;
• Extensive business process knowledge associated with the different Oracle EBS Financials modules e.g., payment process, matching process, month-end close, etc. A proven extensive knowledge of IT outsourcing services or background in Oracle EBS production support are preferred.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities with managing Oracle EBS product suite leading on-shore and off-shore resources, especially with the following:
• Designing, implementing and supporting complex business processes in an Oracle environment;
• Understanding the importance of a structured, controlled production systems environment;
• Developing strategy; as well as writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance