Location: Wauwatosa WI
Company Name: Medical College of Wisconsin
Occupational Category: 11-9121.01,Clinical Research Coordinators
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Under general supervision, assist in various administrative and data collection aspects of clinical research studies.
• Accurately enter research data onto case report forms or specified programs (OnCore) and other databases as appropriate under the direction of the research nurse or study coordinator.
• Under the direct guidance, assist with coordination of basic study activities.
• Prepare specimen tubes prior to lab draw and transport specimens from lab to process and send out
• Assist with processing of lab specimens in preparation for send out or storage.
• Prepare shipping labels and document labels for both data and specimens.
• Coordinate patient visits to clinic. Organize study participant charts and files, and Coordinate patient visits to clinic. Organize study participant charts and files, and distribute to appropriate location
• Collect required data from study coordinators and research nurses, and enter onto clinical research forms and into computerized database
• Order and maintain log of stipend checks and/or gift certificates to be distributed to study participants. Verify accuracy of bills and stipends
• Generate letters to be sent to study participants
• Under the direction of the study coordinator or principal investigator, assist in enrolling patients in educational and social intervention research studies. Contact patients as required after initial contact to obtain additional information
• Provide general clerical support to nurses and investigators
• Compile outreach packets, recruitment and specimen collection kits
08:00 a -:04:30 p
Knowledge - Skills - Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management. Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Minimum Required Education: High school
Minimum Required Experience: 1 year
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in scientific or related field
Preferred Experience: Research, clinical care or systems and data management experience
Field: Science interest preferred
Certification: CITI training within 90 days of hire
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
The Medical College of Wisconsin is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation