Location: Wauwatosa WI
Company Name: Medical College of Wisconsin
Occupational Category: 11-9121.01,Clinical Research Coordinators
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Manage all aspects of department clinical trial initiatives to ensure compliance with state, federal and institutional regulations, policies and procedures.
• Act as a resource for investigators and support staff on pre-trial functions including budget development, contract negotiations and IRB
applications. Advise department study investigators and support staff on administrative and regulatory aspects of human subject research.
• Develop and implement department policies, procedures and organizational tools to ensure compliance with MCW, state and federal
• Manage data systems supporting research activities. Correspond with IRBs as needed.
• Assist in the development and management of budget.
• Recruit and train clinical research staff nurses and clinical research coordinators; develop and implement standardized expectations for all
subordinates; assess, monitor and evaluate workload and performance. Mentor and direct staff to achieve research goals.
• Act as a liaison between department administrator and research staff. Work closely with other departments and external agencies to
advance the department’s research goals.
• Develop, implement and monitor department research QI activities. Implement and conduct quality control processes to ensure the highest
data and research standards.
• Develop clinical review data review plan and check specifications. Utilize quality improvement tools & statistical process control to facilitate
improvement of systems & processes.
• Perform as a study coordinator for select projects.
• Assist research staff with initial and upkeep of regulatory documents and treatment plan process for clinical trials.
• Assist research staff and faculty with grant submissions and budget builds.
8 am to 5 pm
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Required Experience: 6 years
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s in nursing, Master’s degree, PhD or equivalent
Preferred Experience: 4-6 years’ experience in Clinical trials
Certification: CCRC or CCRP required. CITI training required within 90 days of hire.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class