Location: Wauwatosa WI
Company Name: Medical College of Wisconsin
Occupational Category: 33-3051.01,Police Patrol Officers
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Valid Through: 2020-03-13
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
The Public Safety Officer (PSO) is a uniformed, first responder position within Public Safety that provides emergency and public safety services to the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) community.
• Employs a variety of proactive patrol techniques and strategies to ensure the safety and security of all MCWaffiliated persons and property. Engages in community oriented problem solving and crime prevention measures.
• Decisively responds to assigned calls for service, emergent situations, and critical incidents occurring during shift. Employs principles of Incident Command System (ICS) when addressing developing events.
• Assists and/or provides support for various types of investigations. Conducts initial interviews, collects evidence, and secures crime scenes. Documents findings and prepares written case reports.
• Acts as a first responder to all fire and life safety incidents. Provides initial assessment of situation and makes determination of appropriate response. Administers first aid and life support (e.g., AED and CPR) to victims.
• As assigned, monitors the Department’s communications and surveillance center. Answers all incoming calls on service and emergency lines; logs all activities via Computer-Aided Dispatch software. Coordinates radio communications between center and field-based units.
• Assists in associate and executive protection details, investigations, special events security, surveillance activities, and other unique assignments as a member of various departmental task forces.
• Performs a number of community service functions including, but not limited to conducting safety escorts to and from requested on campus locations; completing inspections and reports regarding safety hazards; and enforcing MCW policies and procedures.
• Upon request, delivers community based personal safety and security awareness training to students, staff, and faculty. Assists in the preparation of informational material including brochures, handouts, and multimedia presentations.
• Other work-related duties as assigned and appropriate.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Working knowledge of law enforcement, public safety, and fire/life safety techniques; ability to exercise judgment under stress and during critical incidents; ability to demonstrate personal integrity in all interactions; ability to effectively communicate with and be respectful of a diverse community; accuracy and attention to detail.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Minimum Required Education: Associate Degree in Law Enforcement or equivalent field of study OrR60 college credit hours in addition to high school diploma
Minimum Required Experience: Minimum 2 years prior experience as a uniformed public safety officer in a campus law enforcement/public safety, corporate security, and /or military.
Age: Must be 21 years of age or older on date of hire.
Certification: CPR for the Professional Rescuer with First Aid, Automated External Defibrillator certification and WI Carry Concealed License required within 3 months of hire. Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license in good standing required