Location: Wauwatosa WI
Company Name: Medical College of Wisconsin
Occupational Category: 11-9121.01,Clinical Research Coordinators
Date Posted: 2020-02-10
Valid Through: 2020-03-11
Employment Type: PART_TIME
Implement clinical research protocols.
• Nursing Requirements
• Perform Basic or Complex services as defined in the Wisconsin Nurse Practice Act.
• Implement protocol-specific services within the scope of practice as defined in the Wisconsin Nurse Practice Act including but not limited to:
• Coordinating participant activities in clinical research protocols.
• Indentifying, enrolling and consenting participants in clinical research protocols.
• Obtaining medical history and assessments, vitals signs, physical exam.
• Performing interventions including but not limited to administering medications to participants, collecting and processing biological specimens, assisting with procedures, educating participants and family.
• Communicating with study staff and investigators.
• Documenting assessments and intervetions.
• Transporting biological specimens.
• Regulatory Requirements
• Maintain knowledge and understanding of and compliance with current regulatory requirements including but not limited to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and other regulatory agencies.
• Quality Maintenance and Improvement RequirementsFurthering the mission of the CTSI
• Communicate and collaborate with study staff and investigators in a highly professional manner.
• Maintain appropriate education related to research protocols.
• Participate with the assessment, development, planning, initiation, maintenance and monitoring of
• Quality participant care by conducting all activities with the utmost respect for participant safety, well-being, and privacy.
• Excellent customer service
• A safe and appropriate research environment
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Required Experience: 3 years
Preferred Experience: Clinical and research experience. Critical care or emergency nursing experience.
Certification: RN; Basic Life Support (BLS) required within 30 days of employment; DOT / IATA certification within 30 days of employment; MRI Safety Certification within 30 days of employment; Chemotherapy Administration Certification within 90 days of employment; Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 90 days of employment
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class