Location: West Jordan UT
Company Name: CBTS
Occupational Category: 15-1121.00,Computer Systems Analysts
Date Posted: 2020-02-09
Valid Through: 2020-03-10
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Job Title: Application Analyst and Support Specialist
The Support Specialist will analyze, and provide to resolve issues where there is no run books based solution. Specialist will troubleshoot issues and provide tactical solutions. The Specialist will investigate Production and Client support issues escalated to them by the level 1 support team. This includes but is not limited to, investigation into code (without any fixes). The Specialist will be the subject matter experts and will interface with the AppDev team on issues requiring additional analysis/code fixes. The Specialist will also drive Incident Management.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Educational Qualification: Bachelor of Sciences
· Computer Science concept of Data Structures in practical use cases
· One of the following Structured or Object Oriented programming languages: Java, C, C++, VB, .NET, ASP or Angular etc.
· One of the following RDBMS environments: Sybase ASE/IQ, Oracle or DB2
· Basic understanding of financial markets
· Problem solving in a development or production environment, including experience observing patterns, analyzing root cause and suggesting ideas to resolve issues
· Good communication skills with ability to articulate the technical and functional aspects of a development/production problem to help drive solutions with App Dev teams and senior stakeholders
· Ability to manage incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
· Actively participate in Change management process with view to manage risk in production environment
· Willing to learn and troubleshoot/support proprietary technologies.
· Working alone on moderately complex systems or with colleagues on larger or more complex systems, produces outline system specifications covering for example: objectives, scope, constraints (such as performance, resources etc.), hardware, network and software environments, main system functions and information flows, data load and implementation strategies, phasing of development, requirements not met, and alternatives considered.
· Working alone or with colleagues, specifies user/system interfaces, including for example: menus, screen dialogues, inputs, reports, validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls, recovery routines and contingency procedures.
· Provides guidance to less experienced colleague as required.
· Produces logical system designs showing for example: processes, objects, data flows, inputs, stored data and outputs.
· Identifies common processes.
· Working with data analysis colleagues where appropriate, produces or updates system object/data models and correlates these with corporate models.
· Working with database design or database administration colleagues where appropriate, translates object and data models into appropriate DB schemas within design constraints.
· Constructs, interprets and executes test plans to verify correct operation of completed systems.
Updates or provides input to cost benefit analyses, risk analyses and development plans to take account of design decisions.
· Assists in the assessment and selection of suitable software packages to meet all or parts of specified requirements