Location: Wheat Ridge CO
Company Name: Nexus Staffing Solutions
Occupational Category: 53-3022.00,Bus Drivers, School or Special Client
Date Posted: 2020-02-19
Valid Through: 2020-03-20
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
This School Bus Driver position definitely offers incredible work life balance!!! Work 9 months out of the year but receive benefits and pay for 12 months!
Top notch retirement plan and amazing paid time-off - 2 weeks at Christmas, 1 week at Thanksgiving AND Summers off! Paid holidays, 2 personal days and sick leave,
Health Insurance - Cigna, Retirement options and plans
Responsibilities and Duties of School Bus Driver
• Safely transport students to and from school, activities, and special events.
• Manage Student behavior and build positive relationships while driving and following all applicable Colorado Department of Education (CDE), District, Local, State, and Federal laws, regulations and policies.
• Report student discipline information to the Terminal Manager or Director of Transportation.
• Maintain the interior and exterior cleanliness of the assigned vehicle by following guidelines set by the Transportation Department and appropriate governing agencies.
• Ensure the vehicle is in compliance with all Local, State, and Federal laws, regulations, and District policies by performing vehicle inspections before and after driving assignments. Report all Safety defects to District authorities.
• Maintain all required licenses, First Aid/CPR certificates, and pass annual department tests to be eligible to drive a school bus, in accordance with all Colorado Department of Education (CDE), District, Local, State, and Federal laws, regulations and policies.
• Report accidents, incidents, hazards, breakdowns, and delays to dispatch or transportation manager by following district and department policies and procedures.
• Attend training classes and in-service meetings.
• . Conduct emergency evacuations.
Qualifications and Skills of School Bus Driver
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Experience in pupil transportation as a bus driver a plus but not required - willing to train
• Clean criminal background and MVR with valid Colorado driver license
• CDL B with passenger endorsements a plus but if not we will help you get it
• Recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator
These positions will fill up fast so submit your resume immediately